Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween is coming quickly!

Well, it is that time of year again! The kids are picking out who they want to be for Halloween. Parents are trying to find the costumes, buying candy, decorating the house and yard. Ah, the good ole days!
I remember getting so excited about Halloween when I was young. Now, I have to say, it is my least favorite holiday. I really don't like gross, icky, nasty stuff, and that seems to be what Halloween is for lots of adults. I don't like those movies, or anything related to yukky-ness.
So, needless to say, I will be relieved when this holiday is over. On to the next one, Thanksgiving. And honestly, who wouldn't enjoy a holiday that you just get together with people you care about, spend time, eat good food.
Then there is the famous Black Friday shopping the next morning to burn off all those extra calories you took in. I personally have never been able to go and partake in the frenzy, but I hear it can be very fun (if you don't take it too seriously). I have also heard stories of people getting in fist fights over toys (ridiculous! but possibly interesting to observe the behavior).
It's amazing how fast the year has passed by! I can hardly believe that Thursday will be November !! It seems the longer we're here, the faster time goes!

No comments: